Conferences and seminars
Participation in international meetings and programmes:
- Experts of SEDEM are member of the Task Force on Monitoring & Evaluation for Sakshar Bharat Mission announced by Hon. President of India in May, 2009. They were also members of the National Literacy Mission Authority Consultative Committee [1992-1997].
- Special invitee in consultations on NREGA at Habitat Centre at New Delhi organized by World Bank, UN-WFP, and Ministry of Rural Development etc. in August 2004.
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Participation in Annual Convention of, December 8-12, 2007. A senior member was invited to present his paper “Are we destroying the Himalayas” which has been published world-wide and is also stored as a resource paper at the e-library of
UN-International Council for Integrated Mountain Development (UN-ICIMOD).
- Member of the core group of ‘Imagine a New South Asia’ (INSA). This is a South-Asia based group of thinkers, planners and activists seeking peace and better governance in South Asia. In its Kathmandu meet, experts of SEDEM were tasked to prepare a key document “Natural Resource Management in South Asia”. The lead author was Arun Shrivastava, assisted by one expert from each South Asian country.
- People’s SAARC summit in Kathmandu, Nepal. SEDEM’s team of experts was in Kathmandu during March 2007 to discuss threats to food security and rural livelihoods. Their recommendation was adopted by the 30,000 representatives in the form of summit resolution.
- SEDEM experts were in-charge of technical sessions at the 16th National Convention of All India Panchayat Parishad. The convention was attended by nine cabinet Ministers. 
- SAAPE-AGM, Kathmandu: This was held in August, 2007. The presentation made by experts of SEDEM on livelihoods and NRM were debated and incorporated in the AGM resolution.